Maremma Sheepdog breeder / Maremmano Abruzzese
Breeding policyThe Dutch Breed Club, VHB, has offical regulations with respect to breeding. Of course we comply with these regulations. Here you can find a brief summary.
- Both parents must be officially x-rayed for hip dysplasia
at a minimum age of 18 months. Allowed combinations are:
HD A X HD A HD A X HD B HD A X HD C HD B X HD B HD B X HD C
- Examination of elbows by x-ray is recommended.
- A bitch has to be at least 24 months old before being mated for her first litter.
- She should be mated for the first time before she reaches the age of 5 years.
- The mating of the last litter has to be before the age of 8 years.
- The maximum number of litters of one bitch is 4.
- Between 2 litters of the same bitch there has to be a period of at least 12 months.
- Both parents must be qualified at an official show at least once at the age of at least 15 months. If one parent has a Very Good, the other one should have Excellent.
- Foreign stud dogs must comply with the breeding rules of the country they come from.
- Breeder takes care that all puppies are de-wormed, vaccinated, chipped and will get a pedigree.
- Breeder is obliged to socialise the puppies and give honest advise to the new owners.
- Breeder will only breed with healthy and mentally stable animals.
- Breeder is willing to make arrangements e.g. take back a puppy if some unforseen illness or defect would appear.